West Spanish Peaks, CO

West Spanish Peaks, CO
From my summer out west

Thursday, September 2, 2010

I can smell the pigskins...

First off a big thank you to my one and only follower ,Kate, who mentioned my measly blog in her awesome blog. Thanks for the shout out.

Second, it's been too long since I posted anything, but things are busy.  The great graduate school debate continues. I swear by the time I'm done I will have talked to every damn professor on this campus. The guy I talked to today was pretty awesome. He is a climatologist that studies hurricanes.  He works extensively with GIS which is what I would like to focus on in grad school. Geographic Information Systems or GIS integrates hardware, software, and data for capturing, managing, analyzing, and displaying all forms of geographically referenced data


I think that GIS coupled with my geologic science background could be a deadly combination and everyone needs that in this economy, bc we are not all smart enough to be lawyers... Anyway, I'm finally starting to make some headway (knock on wood) as far as grad school goes, so wish me luck. 


In other news this weekend is the anniversary of my escape from the womb, some 23 years ago. I feel really really old.  You know, at 20 you are still a "kid" bc you are just a year out of your teens.  21 is not really considered an age, more of a milestone really,  bc you can drink whenever you want and not get in trouble for it.  22 is pointless, but you are still young, bc you are fresh out of 21.  23 on the other hand, 23 is old! Not quite the "geezerish" 25, but still its pretty ancient. And this time Sunday that's what I'll be. Below is a picture of me, aged two years, to my geezerish state of 25. 




The best recent news, however, is the onset of FOOTBALL SEASON!!! I've been waiting for this day since we dominated Texas in January and it really has been too long.  I research everything Alabama football whenever I get bored at work. That means I research everything Alabama football a lot....and all the signs point to an amazing year. The questions all the "experts" pose about our defense will disappear by week 2.  Our defense may be young, but they are stacked. I mean, they are good, really really good.  Offense is going to be tremendous, but that goes without saying. The only weak spot I can see is the special teams, specifically, kick off and punts.  The only reason I say that is bc they are totally unproven. So we'll see how that goes.  My guess for the score this weekend is 49-10. 


In more Alabama news, I saw a shirt at Alumni Hall last night with my unnamed girlfriend that I have to get. I tried to find a pic of it, but i couldn't.  It's a plain gray t-shirt with text that says:
                      
                                    "So I created tiger's. Nobody's perfect..."
                                                                          -God




Ok, now to the picture of the day.  I took this one in New Mexico and at the time I had no idea it had this type of potential.  Anyway, I laid down on the road, which was about 150 degrees to get it and I'm glad I did. I think it looks great, but I'm biased...



Well, that's all for now. I apologize for any grammatical errors. I'm in a hurry, bc I'm headed to SUMMMER SNOW!!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment